When you have an online presence, it is essential that your website design be optimized for success. After all, first impressions are lasting and if a user doesn’t find your site visually appealing or intuitive to navigate, they likely won’t stick around very long. However, with the seemingly endless array of options available when designing a website these days, how do you know what truly makes for the most effective design? To help answer this question and make sure you don’t fall into any common traps when building out your business’s online platform, Thrive Web Design Services highlighted 6 signs that indicate your current website design isn’t as effective as it should be. Read on to discover which aspects of web design can signal potential areas for improvement.
1. Poor User Experience: The most important factor when it comes to website design is ensuring a positive and intuitive user experience. If your website isn’t delivering what users need in an easy-to-navigate manner, then you are likely missing out on potential conversions from visitors who become overwhelmed or frustrated with their experience. To make sure your site meets this standard, look for any areas where the user has to struggle to find information or click through multiple pages before accessing what they need. Additionally, a reputable web design services agency elaborates that bad design can lead to long loading times which can be off putting for many users, so take any measures you can to minimize these delays in order to foster a better overall UX.
2. Outdated Design: We all know how quickly the world of technology moves, so it’s important to ensure your website design is keeping up with modern trends and expectations. If you’re using a design that looks and feels outdated compared to what else is out there, then users may find themselves feeling turned off by your site or put in mind of an amateur effort. To make sure you’re website is fresh and current, look for ways to introduce modern elements such as vibrant colors, multimedia content, and mobile-friendly navigation into the mix.
3. Poor SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) is key when it comes to making sure your website ranks well on search engine results pages (SERPs). Without proper SEO implementation, your chances of earning organic traffic are slim. To make sure your website design is optimized for SEO, consider including elements such as keyword-rich content, meta tags, and backlinks to other authoritative websites. SEO Agency New York explains that it helps to have an understanding of the latest changes to Google’s algorithms so that you can ensure your site is always up-to-date.
4. Unresponsive Design: As more and more people access the internet from their mobile devices rather than a desktop or laptop computer, having a website design that looks great no matter which device it’s being accessed from becomes increasingly important. If your website isn’t designed to respond properly when viewed on different screen sizes then you may be losing potential customers who give up once they realize that navigating your website on their phone isn’t an easy experience. In order to make sure that your website is fully responsive, consider using tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to help you identify any potential issues.
5. Poor Color Choice: Although it can be tempting to add bright and vibrant colors into your website design in order to attract attention, having too much of this type of element can have a detrimental effect on the overall user experience. If your site looks too chaotic or overwhelming with all its various elements, then users may feel put off by the atmosphere and quickly move onto a different page. To make sure your color choices are working in your favor, research some basic color theory basics so you know how to use contrast, brightness and hue to your advantage.
6. Inconsistency: The key to having a successful website design is ensuring that all of the various elements are working together in harmony. NYC Website Design Services shares that if you’re using multiple fonts or colors throughout your pages then these should be chosen carefully in order to maintain an overall sense of uniformity and flow from one page to the next. Additionally, if different sections of your site have completely different layouts then it can quickly become confusing for users so try to make sure everything looks consistent with similar elements being used throughout.
Overall, having an effective website design is essential for any business looking to be successful online. By keeping an eye out for the 6 signs mentioned above, you should be able to quickly identify any potential issues that you may be having and make the necessary changes in order to ensure your website is attractive, engaging, and ultimately increases conversions. With a little bit of effort and know-how, you can take your business’ web presence from lackluster to amazing!